Substance abuse is a serious problem that affects many adolescents. It can cause physical, mental, and social harm to them and can also lead to addiction, making it hard to stop using substances even when they want to.
To address substance abuse in adolescents, it is important to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of substance abuse, such as changes in mood, behavior, appearance, or academic performance.
- Encourage them to seek professional help, such as counseling, therapy, support groups, or a treatment plan.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to them during their recovery process, and help them cope with stressors and triggers.
- Prevent relapse by promoting healthy habits and activities, such as exercise, hobbies, or socializing with positive peers.
We understand the stigma that surrounds mental health and the struggles of recovering from substance addiction. If someone you love is suffering from a substance abuse problem, we can help them at Carolina Community Support Services, Inc.
We are dedicated to providing quality services in improving one’s mental health in Durham, North Carolina by delivering person-centered planning and strengths-based programs to those adults and children (ages 5-23) who are struggling with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
Aside from providing counseling therapy in North Carolina,we also offer the following services:
- Clinical and psychiatric assessment
- Outpatient therapy
- Medication Management
- Substance abuse intensive outpatient service
- Medication management and many more